Popular Posts

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Driveway Projector Screen!

Ryan Homes Venice, Outdoor Movie Theater, Driveway Movie Theater, Projector Ideas
Outdoor Movie Theater
Well here you go, a fun summertime idea!  For about $365 for a projector, screen, and some hooks to mount the screen, I have an outdoor movie theater!  My wife "makes" me watch the bachelor, and something about lighting the tiki torches, a few glasses of wine, and the summertime sunset gets me into it!  I'm from Upstate NY, and reminiscing about warmer times...

Anyway, we originally got the setup to have outdoor movie parties with the neighborhood kids, but found that we use it quite a bit!  This winter, we bought a ceiling mount, and mounted the projector in the basement.  New Year's was a blast with the neighborhood kids, and they really get into the movie with the big screen.  The projector mount was $25 on Amazon, and included a 15' HDMI cable that I needed.  I use an Amazon FireTV stick to stream movies and shows.

Ryan Homes Venice, Driveway Movie Theater

As far as the setup, I purchased a ViewSonic PJD5155 3300 Lumens SVGA HDMI Projector from Amazon.com .   At $300, and not an HD projector, I was a little worried about the picture quality.  I am a little bit of a stickler about video quality, and I must say I am truly impressed.  When streaming in HD from the FireTV, there is slight pixelation, but barely noticeable at all.  For the screen, I purchased a Vivo 100" screen on Amazon for $60.  Below is a shot of the projector mounted, as well as some of the decor in the basement play area!

Projector, Basement play area

No comments:

Post a Comment