Popular Posts

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Powder room progress

Powder Room Venice, Ryan Homes Venice Powder Room, Vessel Sink, Waterfall Sink

I'm Mike's wife, Colleen, and am so excited to get to add to this blog about our house!  I feel solely responsible for the customization of this room, because I really wanted this waterfall-esque faucet.  Mike and I found this vessel sink and waterfall faucet (that's the real name for it!!) through Wayfair.  That started our journey...


Powder Room After
Powder Room Before
This was our starting point...I thought it would be fun with our color scheme to do the dark blue throughout the room with the white pedestal sink.  Unfortunately, every time I went in there, I feel like I was in a dark blue cave of monotony.   We painted the bottom half of the bathroom the dark brown that we'd already used in the house to add some flair.  I purchased the art from Kirklands, and just love how it all tied together, yet was able to remain a very unique room in our house.

I will say that these peel-and-stick tiles from Home Depot have definitely fooled quite a few people, especially placed within the chair rail.  Now that Mike has gotten his feet wet with tile, we are thinking of doing the real deal!  


The lighting also need to tie into our design, so we went with a Dale Tiffany light fixture from Wayfair.com.  I love how it looks like the tile that is around the bathroom... I will admit, now that Mike is also getting more comfortable with electrical I'm hoping to some day do some kind of funky pendant or two sconce lights on either side of the mirror (Ha!  Don't tell him!!) !


Over-John Cabinetry Matching Kitchen cabinets
This powder room is still a work in progress, and we (and by we I mean I'll be telling him the proper height) will be installing a new cabinet (an over john) for extra storage.  It's a pretty substantial unit, but I'm thinking it's just what that bathroom needs-- that's a tall wall behind the toilet!  

No comments:

Post a Comment